For daily drives and extraordinary adventures, the EQB opens a new chapter in electric driving.
The following information has been extracted from the Mercedes website:
Coming soon in 2022:
With the EQB, the Mercedes-EQ lineup welcomes an all-electric compact SUV that seats up to seven. It’s efficient, versatile and accessible — the kind of vehicle you turn to when you’ve got plenty going on.
Let’s talk space. With a wheelbase of 111 inches, the EQB delivers more than its convenient, compact form would suggest. Twenty-three cubic feet of trunk capacity allow it to serve as a workhorse for transporting luggage, groceries, sporting equipment and more. And when it’s time to get the whole family moving, two additional seats unfold to form a third row. In front, generous headroom of 41 inches caps off an elegant Widescreen Cockpit, accentuated by a large-body dashboard and aluminum-styled fittings.
Outside, the EQB’s black panel grille and continuous light strip at front and rear signal its membership in the EQ family, even as its distinctive, sculpted form carves out a place entirely its own. With a low drag coefficient, that form is more than merely aesthetic: It’s design in the service of performance.
The EQB delivers robust power, with an excess of 288 (215kW) horsepower in the 350 model. Even more impressive, however, is the way it manages that power. Using Navigation with Electric Intelligence, the EQB monitors navigation data, traffic signals and information from vehicle sensors to conserve and recuperate energy wherever it can. It’s also meticulous when it comes to managing journey times, factoring charging stations, charging duration, weather, topography and even your personal driving style into its estimates.
The EQB charges up at home through standard AC power, either using a household socket or a Mercedes-Benz WallboxDisclaimer. For a quick charge on the go, DC fast charging stations allow the EQB to go from 10% to 80% power in as little as 30 minutes. And with access to the world’s largest charging network through Mercedes me ChargeDisclaimer, the EQB’s versatility goes well beyond the vehicle itself.
Technology & Performance:
• 420 V lithium-ion battery with 66.5 kWh battery capacity
• 7.5 hours (10 – 100%) charging time, 240V wall box
• 32 minutes (10 – 80%) charging time, DC fast charging 110kW
• 225 hp and 288 lb-ft of torque (300) and 288 hp and 324 lb-ft of torque (350)
• Navigation with Electric Intelligence factors maximum charging power and duration of charging stops into route recommendations
• ECO Assist predictively computes driving to help save energy
• Mercedes me Charge allows use of numerous charging stations from various providersDisclaimer
• The latest advanced Driving Assistance systems
• New-generation MBUX Multimedia System, including Natural Language Understanding and Keyword Activation (“Hey Mercedes”)
• Navigation system featuring optional Augmented Reality
• Optional seating for up to seven
• Seat backrest folds with a 40:20:40 split
• Generous wheelbase of 111.3 inches
• Electric-inspired design including blue color highlights in the headlamps and a horizontal fiber-optic running strip
• Interior Widescreen Cockpit creates a futuristic environment in which to control the vehicle and MBUX