Most EV drivers prefer the convenience and speed of a charger since it'll charge your vehicle up to three times faster than a standard wall plug. In the past few years, charger prices and installation fees have substantially decreased. A CURRENT electrician can add a 240V circuit breaker to your power box and install a dedicated wire that connects to your charger, giving you the ability to recharge your EV in a few hours time.
CHARGERS ARE INEXPENSIVE, HIGHLY EFFICIENT AND EASY TO USE:
- Level 2 home or commercial chargers are 2 to 3 times faster than plugging into a standard 110 wall plug.
- Level 3 Quick Charger will charge a battery to 80% in 15 -20 minutes.
Any kind of charging – even at any available 110V outlet - is more convenient and costs much less than filling up at a gas station because you:
- Avoid gas station lines
- Don't need to search for the cheapest gas
- Don't pay gas tax
- Don't get your hands dirty
- Don't breathe gas fumes
- Don't have to choose between different grades of gasoline
- Have your own "fueling station" in your garage
- Plug-in at night and in the morning you're charged and ready to go
- Can charge from renewable sources of energy like solar
- Safe & Standards Compliant
EV chargers are certified by independent organizations like UL, CSA International and Edison Testing Labs. Chargers use sophisticated computers and software to protect both the vehicle and the user.