The 2022 Pacifica Hybrid will debut early in 2022. At present, Chrysler is still offering its 2021 model.
The 2021 Chrysler Pacifica Plug-In Hybrid comes in three trims: Touring L (MSRP: $44,920), Limited (MSRP: $48,045), and Pinnacle (MSRP: $53,550). All three are eligible for an up to $7,500 Federal Tax Credit, and travel privileges in HOV Lanes.
The 2021 model came with a variety of updates that helped position it as a benchmark for all the minivans. The Stellantis and Chrysler brand continue to lead the minivan segment with the Chrysler Pacifica. The first minivan to offer both gas and hybrid powertrains and still the only one in the segment to offer a plug-in hybrid, the Pacifica lineup includes the most luxurious interior in its class.
The Pacifica Plug-In Hybrid, the first hybrid minivan, delivers more than 80 miles per gallon equivalent (MPGe) in electric-only mode, an all-electric range of more than 30 miles and a total range of more than 500 miles.
Says Stellantis: “The Chrysler Pacifica continues to hold its status as the most awarded minivan five years in a row with more than 150 honors and industry accolades. As the first to introduce the minivan and through six generations of the vehicle, the Chrysler brand has innovated 117 minivan firsts, including nearly 40 minivan-first features on the Pacifica. The company has sold more than 15 million minivans globally since 1983, twice as many as any other manufacturer in the past 37 years.”
Believe it or not, the Chrysler Pacifica minivan was the highest-ranked plug-in hybrid on Edmunds list for 2021 and 2022 cars. Says Edmunds: “there’s no other three-row EV or hybrid that can transport so many people in such comfort.”
Important facts about the Pacifica PHEV:
• Electric range is 32 miles, gas range is 488 miles
• Total range from electric and gas is 520 miles
• Hybrid Technology system detects when it’s best to use electric or gas and seamlessly switches to provide the best, most efficient range
• Maximum Horsepower @ RPM: 287 @ 6400 / Maximum Torque @ RPM: 262 @ 4000
• Front Wheel Drive
• The Lithium-Ion battery has a 10-Year/100,000-mile warranty
• The battery self-charges via regenerative braking, which captures energy from the brakes when they’re applied
• Confortably seats 7 passengers
• Chrysler Pacifica is America’s most capable minivan with AWD (available) and America’s only minivan to offer AWD with Stow ‘n Go seating
• Second row seats can be removed and third row seats can be stowed into the floor for large item cargo space
• Passenger volume is 159ft3, Cargo volume is 32ft3 with seats in place; 140.5ft3 with seats removed
• 0 to 60 in 7.9 seconds
• EPA-Estimated fuel economy: 17 City / 25 Highway / 20 Combined
Exterior elements including the grille, wheel designs, lighting and rear liftgate have all been modified for 2021. Pacifica Hybrid now comes with a 10.1-inch infotainment monitor with the latest Uconnect 5 interface, Amazon Alexa integration plus an available wireless connection for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. You can watch your kids in the back seats with an interior camera ssytem and the vehicle offers 12 separate USB ports for charging devices. Uconnect offers a reconfigurable home screen and has a Wi-Fi hotspot as well.
the Uconnect 5 system delivers:
• Largest standard radio touchscreen in its class with a 10.1-inch high-definition touchscreen that is nearly 20% larger than the previous system
• Can be connected to two phones simultaneously, with Bluetooth capability
• With the current Uconnect skill for Alexa, customers with Alexa-enabled devices at home can easily ask Alexa to start the car, lock/unlock doors and more
• Processing speeds five times faster than previous generation, using Android operating system
• TomTom navigation experience
• Map updates available over-the-air (OTA), as well as Firmware (FOTA) system software updates
• SiriusXM with 360 XL offered free for six months as standard on Pacifica, letting owners customize their listening experience, with a variety of features, including Personalized Stations Powered by Pandora along with thousands of hours of downloadable content, including live sports, free on-demand shows, performances and interviews
• Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
• Enhanced Hybrid Electric Pages and Smartphone Control 2.0 provide support for up to three customer-defined charging schedules (weekdays, weekends, etc.)
The Chrysler Pacifica is easy to enter and exit. It has a large, comfortable interior. It’s more stylish than all the other minivans, and it’s the ONLY minivan that comes as a Plug-In Hybrid.
Says caranddriver.com’s Drew Dorian: “When it comes to hauling people and cargo, minivans are better than SUVs—a fact we wish more consumers would accept—and the 2021 Chrysler Pacifica is our current favorite and the recipient of an Editors' Choice award. The Pacifica is a thoughtfully designed, comfortable family van, and its eager driving dynamics are the icing on the cake. Both a regular V-6 engine and a plug-in hybrid powertrain are offered, and in our testing, each proved to be reasonably fuel efficient. The second and third rows fold completely flat to transform the Pacifica into a spacious cargo van, making it perfect for hauling bulky items.”
The Pacifica Hybrid offers plenty of features minivan drivers want: spaciousness, lots of cubbies, plenty of cupholders, slide-out bins and connectivity ports for the kid’s devices and your phones.
Key safety features include:
• Standard automated emergency braking with pedestrian detection
• Standard blind-spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert
• Standard adaptive cruise control and lane-departure warning
WRITTEN DECEMBER 2021
There are currently 4 primary incentives available to the California consumer that substantially lower the cost of buying or leasing an EV. CURRENT provides all the guidance or assistance you may need to apply for these incentives.