The UX (shorthand for “Urban eXplorer”), is the first Lexus built on the company’s new Global Architecture Compact (GA-C) architecture. The subcompact UX is considered the smallest Lexus SUV. Its G-AC is lightweight, exceptionally strong and possesses a low center of gravity and unique suspension tuning, creating an agile and comfortable ride. The brand's entry-level model brings buyers into the Lexus experience with upscale touches and impressive value.
Chika Kako, executive vice president of Lexus International and chief engineer of the UX: “The Lexus UX is designed for the modern urban explorer seeking a fresh, contemporary and dynamic take on luxury driving. I wanted to positively overturn the image of a crossover with a high body that requires careful maneuvering, and offer a car with nimble performance and excellent maneuverability that makes it as easy to drive as a sedan.”
Says AutomobileMag.com reviewer Arthur St. Antoine: “Judging by my seat time, the platform is a standout. Ride quality is plush and composed despite the smallish 103.9-inch wheelbase, and the structure is vault-solid, helping to isolate the cabin from most wind and road noise. The UX may sit near the Lexus lineup’s entry doors, but it feels expensive. There’s a lot of polish on display here.”
There are three 2022 Lexus UX 250h trims to choose from: UX 250h AWD (MSRP: $35,200), UX 250h Sport AWD (MSRP: $37,540), and UX 250h Luxury AWD (MSRP: $40,250).
Featuring the Lexus Hybrid Drive powertrain, the 2022 UX 250h boasts 181 total system horsepower. This hybrid is equipped with all-wheel drive standard and high-speed responsiveness and a feeling of smooth, natural acceleration. The UX 250h model all-wheel drive (AWDe) system uses a separate, dedicated electric motor-generator with 7 hp output integrated into the rear differential. Power distribution between the front and rear axles is automatically optimized by the Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) system when accelerating, cornering or driving on slippery surfaces.
Important facts regarding the 2022 Lexus UX 250h:
• In-line 4-cylinder engine with Lexus Hybrid Drive
• 16-valve DOHC, VVT-iE intake, VVT-i exhaust
• Certified Ultra-Low Emission Vehicle (ULEV III)
• High-output, permanent-magnet, electric-drive motor with EV mode
• Total range is 413 miles
• Drivers save $2,750 in fuel costs over 5 years driving a UX 250h compared to driving an average gas-powered car
• Fuel efficiency is good with 41/38/39 City/Highway/Combined (39 Combined is Best In Class)
• 0 to 60 in 8.9 seconds
• All three trims are All Wheel Drive
• Electronically controlled Continuously Variable Transmission (ECVT)
• Comes standard with the Class-Leading Lexus Safety System+ 2.0
• Alexa integration and Android Auto compatibility
• Available 10.3-inch high-resolution split-screen multimedia display—the largest in its class
• 10 standard airbags
• Lexus Safety System+2.0 is Class-Leading
• Lexus Enform Safety Connect – Included for the first three years of ownership
• Lexus Enform Service Connect – Included for the first 10 years of ownership
• Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
• Intuitive Parking Assist with Auto Braking
• Adding New Paint Colors: Grecian Water, Cloudburst Gray
• Updated Exterior Color Palette with Available Grecian Water, Cadmium Orange
• Available Color-Keyed Overfenders Included on Premium, Luxury and F SPORT
This Urban eXplorer is a merge of traditional Japanese aesthetics with contemporary luxury. Available washi ornamentation mimics the soft grain of Japanese paper in the cabin. Audio switches are ergonomically located in the palm rest. UX 250h’s dashboard appears to flow seamlessly into the hood to create optimal visibility. A Dual-zone climate control filters the interior, and the front seats are 8-way power-adjustable with two-way driver lumbar support. Both the steering whell and shift knob are leather-trimmed.
Cargo volume behind the second row is 17.1 cubic feet and a total of 40.4 cubic feet behind the front seats – keep in mind this is a subcompact SUV. UX cargo capacity is below average for the luxury subcompact SUV class.
Exclusive F SPORT exterior styling features include new color-keyed overfenders and a more distinctive front fascia with signature upper and lower grille inserts. Adding even more edge, its exclusive 18-inch F SPORT wheels and expressive LED cornering lamps and foglamps deliver unmistakable F SPORT style.
UX 250h has 4 driving modes. Normal mode provides an optimal balance between driving performance and fuel efficiency. ECO mode maximizes fuel savings across all driving conditions by smoothing the throttle response and by moderating air conditioning operation. Sport Mode delivers quicker throttle response and increased power steering feel. EV mode allows the UX 250h to drive in all electric under certain conditions.
The standard Lexus Safety System+ 2.0 includes:
• Pre-Collision System with Low-light and Daytime Pedestrian and Daytime Cyclist Detection
• All-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
• Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist
• Lane Tracing Assist
• Road Sign Assist
• Intelligent High-Beam Headlamps
Every UX comes standard with these infotainment features:
• A Lexus six-speaker Premium Sound System
• A Lexus Multimedia System with 7.0-in color display
• Voice Command
• Apple CarPlay integration, Android Auto compatibility, and Alexa compatibility
• SiriusXM Satellite Radio – All Access 3-month trial is included
• Lexus Enform Remote– Accessible via Lexus app; works with Alexa and Hey Google – Included for the first three years of ownership
• Lexus app (Enform Remote engine start, service scheduling, Vehicle Health Reports/Alerts and more)
• Lexus Enform Wi-Fi – 4GB/three-month trial is included
• A 7.0-in color LCD multi-information display
• Bluetooth connectivity and four USB ports
The 2021 UX earned an NHTSA 5-star overall safety rating, the highest possible score. Models equipped with the available triple-beam LED headlights received Top Safety Pick designation form the IIHS. Regardless of headlights, it earned the highest Good score in all six crashworthiness tests. Test results are not in yet on the 2022 UX hybrid models, but they are expected to completely mirror the 2021 test results.
WRITTEN DECEMBER 2022
There are currently 4 primary incentives available to the California consumer that substantially lower the cost of buying or leasing an EV. CURRENT provides all the guidance or assistance you may need to apply for these incentives.